Latest update: May 20th, 2021
Traveling through Peru is a wonderful experience, full of amazing landscapes, culture, nature, and incomparable gastronomy.
Peru has recently awarded the label “Safe Travels” granted by the World Travel & Tourism Council for destinations such as Machu Picchu, Cusco, Sacred Valley, Miraflores, and some northern beaches such as Mancora. This stamp approves the safety and hygiene protocols against the COVID-19 implemented by the destinations.
If you travel to Peru during the COVID-19 pandemic, take into account the following information and recommendations:
• To enter Peru, you will need to provide a negative result from an antigen test, a molecular test (RT-PCR) with the results given no later than 72 hours before your arrival, or a statement of health from a certified epidemiologist. For minors less than 12 years old, a clean bill of health from a certified medical provider can be used to enter the country.
• You will also need to fill out and sign a sworn statement of health stating that you have no symptoms before traveling. It should be printed out and shown upon your arrival. You must also fill in your details in this link to be informed if you have been in contact with someone infected.
• Quarantine is not required any more for travelers entering the country, except for Peruvians and foreign residents from South Africa, Brazil and/or India or who have made a layover in those countries, they must mandatorily quarantine at their home, accommodation or other temporary isolation center for a period of fourteen 14 days from the date of arrival in Peru.
• The entrance of non-resident passengers from India, South Africa and/or Brazil, or who have made a stopover in such countries in the last 14 days, is suspended until May 30.
• Regarding internal flights within the country, PCR tests are no longer required, but the use of masks and face shields are mandatory, except for minors under two years old. The only requirement is the signature of a sworn statement indicating that the traveler does not have symptoms of COVID-19.
• Vaccinated travelers are expected to follow the same protocols as non-vaccinated travelers.
• The vaccination process started in February 2021 in all regions of Peru.
• Certain areas (including Lima and Cusco) have a 9pm – 4am curfew. Others have a 10pm – 4am curfew.
• The use of masks is mandatory in public places. At airports and some hospitals, the use of face shields, in addition to masks, is mandatory. Furthermore, their use is recommended in closed places, such as banks, restaurants, stores.
• Ensure that museums, archaeological sites, galleries, parks, and nature reserves you want to visit are open. We can help you check their availability and schedule your visit in advance.
• Restaurants are open with a limited capacity. Booking your trip in advance will allow us to make your reservations on time to confirm your spots.
• There are many outdoor activities super “COVID-friendly” in Peru: surfing, kayaking, hiking, trekking, mountain biking, birdwatching, sailing, and much more. Tell us which is your favorite and we’ll come up with a fun and safe itinerary for you.
• Pick small boutique hotels or even private apartments or villas to reduce the possible contact with other travelers. Of course, we have plenty of options for you.
• Many hotels will help you get your PCR or antigen tests done for your return home, advising you and coordinating appointments in laboratories, clinics, or even at the hotel facilities. In Peru Well Served, we offer that service as well with no additional charge.
• Keep your embassy, consulate, and travel alert contacts handy in case of any emergency. With us, you’ll also have 24/7 assistance if needed.
To ensure the well-being and safety of our travelers throughout our entire operational chain at Peru Well Served, we follow the hygiene and safety measures and protocols established by the Ministry of Health of Peru (MINSA) and the World Travel & Tourism Council ( WTTC).
Itineraries that prioritize health
We have reviewed all of our itineraries and experiences to minimize contact with other travelers and offer only the best and safest experiences and accommodation options.
Trained staff ready to assist you
Our hosts and guides are prepared to comply with the new security protocols, deliver the appropriate information to the passenger, monitor the health of our travelers, and follow the established protocols in case a traveler shows symptoms or contracts COVID-19. They will provide you with disinfection and personal hygiene resources at all times of the trip and help you if you need to contact a doctor.
Our team will keep you informed before and during your trip, with updates and official news about the situation in each visited destination.
All our accommodation partners are first-rate operators who have known how to respond to the new practices of sanitation, hygiene, and distancing in their properties. At this juncture, we recommend choosing smaller hotels or private houses/apartments. Of course, we have options to guide you.
Private transportation, guides, and hosts
All of our itineraries have always included private vehicles and guides for our travelers. Today we have reduced the capacity of cars to ensure social distancing during transfers. The health of all our staff and drivers is constantly monitored since taking care of you is our priority.
Flexible policies and payments
Because we know that making travel plans nowadays can be a little stressful and uncertain, we have adapted our payment terms and our cancellation or rescheduling policies to give you the most flexibility.