Known as “the white city” because of the color of stone used to build it, sillar. Arequipa rests next to a volcano as the second largest city in Perú. Besides its inherent urban appeal and beauty, it is a gastronomic power with signature dishes therefore a must stop for food and high end cuisine lovers. Away from the city in the Colca Valley we find the Colca canyon, the deepest in the world with more than 4 kilometers deep. Perfect for adventurers with a curious palate.
Gastronomic experiences that you can include in your personalized journey:
– Traditional “picanterías” route with a local foodie.
– Visit local markets to know and taste the typical ingredients of this region.
– Try pisco based cocktails on a beautiful terrace overlooking the square and the imposing Arequipenean Cathedral.
Other amazing activities to do in Arequipa:
– See the incredible flight of the Andean Condor in the Colca Canyon.
– Tour the city, its beautiful churches and visit the famous Santa Catalina Monastery.