The grandeur of the desert meets a vast mass of complementary color: the ocean. Spend a day at the beach in the middle of the two, enjoy a cocktail, a perfect meal in a 5-star hotel, or deep inside the desert. Get to know our local wines on traditional vineyard tasting tours, enjoy the variety of water sports available, explore the dunes in a professionally driven buggy, or fly over the mysterious Nazca lines.
Gastronomic experiences that you can include in your personalized trip
- Dive into the bay of Paracas to fish out fresh shellfish for lunch.
- Taste the best Peruvian pisco and wines in the distilleries and vineyards that produce them.
- Enjoy a sunset picnic in the middle of the desert or on the seashore.
Other fantastic activities to do in Ica
- Fly over the impressive Nazca Lines.
- Learn Kite Surfing from the hand of professionals in the Paracas bay.
- Discover the marine fauna of the Ballestas Islands on a boat tour.
Important information about Ica
|400 m.a.s.l. / 1,310 f.a.s.l.
|Ica has a desert climate. There is virtually no rainfall all year long, and the average temperature is 19 C/ 66 F. The highest temperatures (30 C/ 86 F) are reached through December and March, and the lowest (15°C) are between June and September.
|Health & Precautions
|Remember that Ica is a desert, so stay constantly hydrated and wear enough sunscreen. We also highly recommend wearing insect repellent, especially if you have allergies to insect bites.
|The fusion between creole and African cuisine gave birth to Ica’s hearty gastronomy: dishes like Carapulcra and Sopa Seca are the most representative and full of flavor, and desserts like Tejas will leave you wanting more!